Faith Alive is a faith sharing discussion group that explores and ponders the Catholic faith. Faith Alive is "going on the road," to an LLC close to you. See schedule below for Big Question Night in your LLC.
How do I keep my Faith Alive?
- How can I live the Gospel Message?
- How does Catholic tradition influence my faith?
- How can I integrate my lived experience with my faith?
An Active Community
Faith Alive is a community of students who gather to discover and rediscover their Catholic Faith by...
- ...asking the big questons that essential to life.
- ...looking at different aspects of Church tradition and Scripture.
- ...reflecting on and seeking a greater understanding of the human person and the Divine.
- ...discussing faith as young people in today's world.
Sample Discussion Topic
Jesus and Miracles
According the Catechism of the Catholic Church Miracles are signs of the kingdom of God. "The signs worked by Jesus attest that the Father has sent him. They invite belief in him "So miracles strengthen faith in the One who does his Father's works." (#548) Proving that Miracles happened in the bible exactly as they were described by the gospel writers could be a difficult task today. But, for the people of first century Palestine, they were not concerned with the factual elements of the miracles, but what it symbolized. Miracles were "signs and wonders" attributed to God. The writers of the gospels were conveying to their communities through the miracle stories that Jesus was the embodiment of the Kingdom of God.
How do the miracles stories of the gospels help our faith become more alive?
The miracle stories offer us a charge in that Jesus not only proclaimed the kingdom of God he acted in a way that showed the kingdom of God on earth. We may look to the miracle stories with "wonder", but at the same time we must see them as a call to discipleship. The stories are showing us how to be Faith-filled caregivers to the world as a sign of the Kingdom of God.