Every Greek chapter has a philanthropic event such as the
* 5K run/walk that benefits the Children's Institute of Pittsburgh
* A "Big Man on Campus" contest that benefits the speech and hearing impaired
* A "Red Dress Gala" that benefits the American Heart Association
Greek Week, in Spring Semester, includes a series of weeklong competitions among the chapters, and concludes with the traditional Greek Sing. Greek Week has raised thousands of dollars to help charitable groups including local foodbanks.
Duquesne Greek students:
* Coach city league basketball teams
* Serve as YMCA Big Brothers-Big Sisters
* Organize blood and food drives
When we help the underprivileged and needy, we gain understanding and compassion for those who are less fortunate than ourselves.