Career Discovery Days
Join 5-15 students as you visit Pittsburgh-area workplaces that interest you.
At a typical Career Discovery Day, you will
- learn about the work environment of the host company
- take a tour of the company offices
- meet with company representatives, which often includes management personnel as well as Duquesne University alumni
- engage in workshop and skill-builidng activities, such as what employers look for in a resume and interviews
Career Discovery Days usually take place between 9 a.m. and 12 noon or 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Employers will provide detailed information such as date, time, preferred majors, and required dress code for the day.
Students who register are expected to be on time for the Career Discovery Day and stay throughout the program. No cancellations will be accepted less than 48 hours prior to the Career Discovery Day. If you cancel less than 48 hours prior, or if you fail to show, ALL PRIVILEGES WITH CAREER SERVICES WILL BE REVOKED until you:
- Meet with Linda Loewer in Career Services
- Write a letter of apology to the company respresentative
- Submit a copy of the apology letter to the Career Services Center for documentation in your file
Companies spend much time and effort to develop their programs for Duquesne University students. Sudden cancellations are unprofessional and unacceptable. Repeated cancellations are documented in your file. Repeated infractions may be cause for dismissal from the Career Discovery Day Program.