Counseling is an interaction between a person who feels "stuck" in some way and another person who is trained in helping people get "unstuck."
- FREE to all currently enrolled Duquesne University students.
Contact the UCWC at 412-396-6204 to schedule an appointment
Why Begin Counseling?
College students typically seek counseling because they need help with a particular problem or issue, or they are experiencing stress or feelings they don't understand.
- Difficulty adjusting to college life
- Distress due to conflicts with family, friends or partner
- Poor self esteem or self-confidence
- Social anxiety, test anxiety
- Troublesome eating behavior
- Stress management
- Many other issues