Did you know that groups can help you:
- Discover that others experience similar difficulties.
- Become inspired by hearing how others have successfully worked through life's challenges.
- Learn more about your own thoughts and feelings.
- Receive feedback from others that could assist you in your ability to effectively resolve conflicts.
- Experience fulfillment in response to helping and being helped by others.
- Learn about how others may perceive you.
- Learn to express your thoughts, feelings, and ideas in ways that increase closeness and understanding.
The DUCC can offer a variety of groups that are available to both undergraduate and graduate students. The size of each group can vary, but most groups consist of 4 to 10 members and 1 or 2 therapists. Group members agree to participate in a group for at least one semester and to maintain confidentiality within the group. Some groups meet for a single semester while others are designed to be ongoing.
Some examples of the types of groups that the DUCC ffers can include:
- Interpersonal Process Support
- Dissertation Support
- Stess Management
- Grief Support
- Body Image
- Graduate Student Support
If you would like to benefit from participating in a group, call the DUCC at 412-396-6204 for more information.