Freshman Advisement Summer Transition (FAST)
We hope you are enjoying the rest of your school year and preparing to join us on the Bluff in a few short months! FAST is an optional four day program to help you transition to your time as a student here at Duquesne. Each school has two days to pick from.
Please feel free to contact us with any remaining questions or concerns you may have.
The FAST Program Can Help:
- Meet your academic advisor.
- Learn about health services, financial aid, tuition deferment, safety, security and student activities.
- Get your student ID.
- Set up your student bank account.
- Order or purchase books and computer.
- Connect with future classmates.
- Take language placement exams (required for Liberal Arts & International Business majors).
Still need to complete your Direct Stafford Loan application? Want to waive the student health insurance charge? Parents need a copy of your student's eBill?
- For Parents -- obtain access to student's eBill
- Confirm student's health insurance coverage (to avoid being billed)
- Complete your Federal Student Loan application
- Complete your Work-Study employment application
- For Parents -- apply for the Parent Loan of Undergraduate Students (PLUS)