Student Health Insurance Waiver
All Duquesne University full-time students must have adequate medical insurance coverage and provide the University with verifiable proof of coverage online.
If the insurance is not waived online, the student will be auto-enrolled in the University plan and their Duquesne student account will be charged.
NOTE: To avoid being charged in subsequent years, you will need to complete the steps below by August 31 each year the student is enrolled full-time.
How to Waive Student Health Insurance
- To begin, make sure the student's insurance card is close at hand.
- Click www.gallagherstudent.com
- Type "Duquesne University" in the "Find your school..." field
- Select either "Duquesne University - Domestic" or "Duquesne University - International"
- In the left-hand column, choose "Petition to Waive" under "Student Access"
- The student's @duq.edu email address is the Username, and the Banner ID is the Password. The Banner ID starts with the letter "D", for example D000001.
If you do not know the Banner ID, you can find it on Duquesne's acceptance letter.
- Select "I want to waive insurance"
- Enter the insurance information requested. Include parent/s email addresses when completing, if applicable.
- Press "Submit". You will be emailed a reference number. This number confirms the submission of your form. Keep for your records.
Remember: You must waive charges via gallagherstudent.com by August 31 each year the student is enrolled full-time to avoid being charged. Click here for more information on student health insurance.