International Student Health Requirements
Welcome to Duquesne University!
ANY STUDENT FAILING TO PROVIDE THE UNIVERSITY REQUIRED IMMUNIZATION (VACCINE) DOCUMENTS WILL BE PROHIBITIED FROM BOTH REGISTERING AND ATTENDING ALL CLASSES.
DUQUESNE UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. SUBMIT ONLINE HEALTH HISTORY
2. DOCUMENTATION THAT YOU HAVE HAD TWO (2) MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella) IMMUNIZATIONS (VACCINATIONS)
• Please obtain from your doctor, hospital or personal records and make copies of these prior to your arrival.
3. TUBERCULOSIS TESTING (PPD), Q GOLD BLOOD TEST, OR NORMAL CHEST X-RAY
• Must be taken within the last two (2) weeks to assure that you are not infected with Tuberculosis, an extremely contagious bacterium that infects the lungs.
4. MENINGITIS VACCINE, or you may sign a waiver in person in the health office if you are not living in campus housing.
NOTE: ANY medical records brought from your home-country MUST be translated to English.
Failure to comply with Health Services will affect your immigration. Students who do not meet with Health Services will have a hold on their registration. Students who can't register will violate their student status since they must be registered each semester to maintain F-1 status.
This video was created for our English as a Second Language (ESL) students, but can also be helpful to new student who are proficient in English.