What to Expect on Move-in Day
Moving in to college is an exciting time but it can also be stressful. At Duquesne we want your move-in experience to be a positive one and to help with that here are some of the things you can expect:
- You will be assigned a move-in time between 8am and 5pm. Please locate your designated time on the scheudle found in the orientation mailing packet or on the Move-In Schedule on our website. Please try to arrive as close to your time as possible in order for things to run smoothly.
- When you arrive on campus (either from Bluff St. or from Forbes onto Stevenson) you will be greeted by 2 orientation staff members wearing purple polos. They will direct you to which lane to get into.
- Once you get close to the residence hall in which you will be living, a staff member will give you a move-in number/parking pass. Please wait for a staff member in a purple polo to call your number. Once it is called our team (wearing teal t-shirts) will come over to your car with a bright orange cart. We will assist you in unpacking your car and taking your belongings up to your room. *please know your room number so we know where to go. *note: one licensed driver must stay with the car at all times.
- After you have unloaded, you will be asked to move your car into the parking garage.
- Either while waiting for your number to be called or after your belongings have been taken to your room, you must go over to the Orientation Tent on Assumption Commons (the big grassy area in the middle of St Ann's, St. Martin's, and Assumption). You will need to check in and will receive your name badge for the week and a welcome bag. *you must have the name badge to receive meals during the week and access to all orientation events.
- You will also need to visit the blue Residence Life tents outside your residence hall. Here you will pick up your room key.
Other things to keep in mind on move-in day:
There will be a food tent on Assumption Commons from 11am-5pm serving lunch and dinner that all students and parents are welcome to. There will also be several people walking around with bottles of water throughout the day.
Once you have moved in or are waiting for your number to be called, feel free to walk around campus, get your student ID if you haven't already, or head down to the bookstore to pick up your books for the semester.
This is a very busy day and we are moving in about 1600 new students. There will be traffic and there may be a slight wait. We are going to do everything we can to help your move-in experience go smoothly and we assure you everyone will be moved in!