Call for Nominations: Western Pa. Sustainable Small Business Award
Duquesne University's Center for Green Industries and Sustainable Business Growth and the Institute for Energy and the Environment are seeking nominations and self-nominations for the inaugural Annual Western Pennsylvania Sustainable Small Business Award. The award will be presented at Duquesne's 2012 Beard Sustainability Symposium on Thursday, Nov. 1.
Candidates for the award must meet the following criteria:
- Small business located in Western Pennsylvania
- Fewer than 500 employees
- In addition to 1.) and 2.) one or more of the following criteria must be met:
- Is seeking certification or is already certified in LEED, ENERGY STAR, Class-g or another major environmental certification
- Is participating in the Pittsburgh Green Workplace Challenge
- Has completed a major philanthropic or social responsibility project within the last year
- Has verifiable data proving reductions in energy, water, and/or waste use within the last year.
Eligible candidates should submit a proposal of up to two pages demonstrating their eligibility and explaining what efforts they have made to reduce environmental impacts while sustaining consistent profitability.
Proposals should be emailed to email@example.com before Friday, Aug. 3.
For information on last year's Beard Symposium at Duquesne University, visit www.duq.edu/beard-symposium.