Duquesne Coffee House Reading Series Returns This Fall
Readings of poetry and fiction will open this year's Coffee House Reading Series at Duquesne University. The monthly readings, sponsored by the English department, are aimed at developing the creative writing and arts community on campus.
The series will kick off on Thursday, Oct. 3, at 7 p.m. in the Barnes & Noble Café and will feature Jenny Johnson, who will read poetry, and Sarah Gerkensmeyer, who will read fiction.
The Coffee House Reading Series features established writers presenting their work alongside the work of Duquesne students and other emerging writers. All readings are free and open to the public.
The schedule for the Coffee House Readings Series is as follows:
- Tuesday, Nov. 12, Samantha Leon, creative nonfiction, and Sherrie Flick, fiction
- Monday, Dec. 2, Lorena Williams, creative nonfiction, and Anne Brannen, creative nonfiction and poetry
- Monday, Feb. 3, Krista Mann, fiction and creative nonfiction, Justin Kishbaugh, poetry, and Cameron Barnett, poetry
- Tuesday, March 18, Clint Benjamin, creative nonfiction, and Karen Dietrich, creative nonfiction
- Wednesday, April 9, Seth Taggart, fiction and poetry, and Karen Dwyer, fiction.