Duquesne University Announces Presidential Search Committee
The Duquesne University Board of Directors announced the formation of the Presidential Search Committee. The group was established following the recent announcement by University President Dr. Charles J. Dougherty that he will retire on June 30, 2016, when his current term ends.
The Presidential Search Committee at Duquesne is comprised of 11 individuals, including representatives of various University constituent groups, as proscribed by the Executive Resolutions of the University. The members of the Committee are:
- Marie Milie Jones (Search Committee Chair) - Duquesne University Board of Directors, Chairman of the Board
- David Beaupre - Duquesne University Vice President for Management and Business
- Anthony Carfang - Duquesne University Board of Directors, Board Vice Chair/Advancement Committee Chair
- John Connelly - Duquesne University Board of Directors, Emeritus Member
- The Very Rev. Lawrence DiNardo - Duquesne University Board of Directors
- The Very Rev. Jeffrey Duaime, C.S.Sp. - Chair of the Corporation
- Mary Ellen Glasgow - Dean, Duquesne University School of Nursing
- Mary Grealy - Duquesne University Board of Directors, Board Vice Chair / Mission & Identity Committee Vice Chair
- James McGuirk - Duquesne University Board of Directors, Mission & Identity Committee Chair
- The Rev. John Sawicki, C.S.Sp. - Secretary of the Corporation
- Diane Williams - Duquesne University Faculty Senate President.
The Presidential Search Committee met on March 20 to review its role as defined by the Duquesne University Executive Resolutions-that being to undertake the process of identifying qualified candidates to present to the Board of Directors and the Corporation, who will select and approve the appointment of the next president.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 9,500 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.