Duquesne University Breakfast Series to Start with ‘Look Before You Lead: Leadership Starts Within’
The School of Leadership and Professional Advancement will kick off its Leadership Breakfast Series with Look Before You Lead: Leadership Starts Within, on Tuesday, March 11, from 8 to 10 a.m. in the Power Center Ballroom. A continental breakfast will be served at 7:30 a.m.
Michelle Tate, a leadership coach and trainer, will use John Maxwell's book Leadership 101: What Every Leader Needs to Know as a framework to help participants develop their leadership abilities and promote their personal and organizational success.
To register, visit www.duq.edu/leadershipseries. The $45 cost includes parking, continental breakfast and handout materials.
These Tuesday Leadership Series sessions, which run through December, include:
- April 1, Servant Leadership: A Practical View of Its Advantages, facilitated by Tom Crea
- May 13, Identifying, Developing and Creating Tomorrow's Leaders Today: Leadership and Succession Planning, facilitated by Dr. Gerald Groves
- June 10, Implementing Your Change Management Plan for Sustained Results, facilitated by Sonia Layne-Gartside
- July 15, Leader and Passion: Two Words That Will Flip Your World, facilitated by Frank Lehner
- Aug. 12, Empowering Your Team: Recruiting, Retaining & Inspiring Women in the Workplace, panel discussion
- Sept. 9, Toxic Workplace Behavior: The Leader's Role for Resolution, facilitated by Dr. Mitch Nickols
- Oct. 7, Let's Get Engaged!, facilitated by Jeff Tobe
- Nov. 4, Successful Leadership-What Does It Take? A Candid Conversation with Leaders Around the Region, panel discussion
- Dec. 2, Emotional Intelligence: A Different Kind of Smart, facilitated by Jane Patterson Abbate and Bill Abbate.
The Leadership Breakfast Series, an educational and networking event, relates leading-edge topics to your professional and personal lives and is designed to enhance your skills as a leader.