Duquesne University Establishes Security Review Committee
Duquesne University has named a Security Review Committee to examine the events of Sept. 17 and to make campus security recommendations. The committee will be headed by University Board Member and Chair of the Board's Student Life Committee, James Crutchfield. A Duquesne alumnus, Crutchfield is from Akron, Ohio, and was the owner and publisher of the Akron Beacon Journal.
Other members of the committee are:
- Jim Caputo, director of public safety
- Linda Drago, University counsel
- Dave DiPetro, executive director of the A.J. Palumbo Center
- Ralph Gigliotti, president of the Student Government Association
- Dr. Judy Griggs, director of the Gussin Spiritan Program
- Jari Haile, president of the Black Student Union
- Dr. Doug Harper, chair of the sociology department
- Paul King, director of environmental health and safety
- Dr. Eileen Zungolo, dean of the School of Nursing
- Dr. Paula Witt-Enderby, president of the Faculty Senate
"We are grateful to Mr. Crutchfield and the other members of this important committee for their willingness to serve," said University President Charles Dougherty, "and we look forward to their recommendations to make Duquesne University even more secure."
This release was posted on Wednesday, September 27th, 2006 at 9:44 am