'Forbes' Includes Duquesne Among 'America's Top Colleges'
Duquesne University has been ranked among the best schools in the nation in Forbesmagazine's 2012 America's Top Colleges list.
Based upon student satisfaction, post-graduate success and other factors, the Top Colleges list ranks 650 colleges. This year, Duquesne was ranked No. 420 overall, and placed No. 153 among 266 research institutions.
The Center for College Affordability and Productivity compiles the rankings exclusively forForbes and focuses on what the magazine describes as what "matters the most to students:"
- quality of teaching (student satisfaction)
- great career prospects (post-graduate success)
- high graduation rates (four-year graduation rate)
- low levels of debt.
The rankings also are based on academic success or competitive awards, which "rewards schools whose students win prestigious scholarships and fellowships...or go on to earn a Ph.D.," according to Forbes.
This year, Duquesne has been:
- listed as a top-tier university among 1,600 institutions surveyed by US News & World Report and is among the top 10 Catholic universities in the nation
- named one of the top 100 popular schools in the country by US News
- included among the nation's top 100 undergraduate business schools by Bloomberg Businessweek
- ranked No. 2 in The 25 Best Online Colleges and Universities of 2012 bySuperScholar
recognized as having the No. 6 Legal Research and Writing program by US News.