Interdisciplinary Approach to Practices in Sexual Assault Cases Explored
The final Spring Forensic Fridays seminar will feature a daylong session examining the advances being made in forensic nursing research and practice, including the neurobiology of trauma, strangulation assessment, photographic documentation of injuries and more.
Best Practices in Sexual Assault Cases: An Interdisciplinary Approach will be held on Friday, April 11, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., in the Africa Room of the Duquesne University Union.
The interdisciplinary panel of experts includes:
- Laura Ditka, senior deputy attorney general, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Valerie Krasneski-Schreiber, unit director of the UPMC Mercy Hospital emergency department
- Debra Shane, UPMC Mercy sexual assault nurse examiner
- Dr. Kathleen Sekula, professor of nursing, Duquesne University
- Donald O'Connor, police lieutenant, McCandless
- Charles LoPresti, criminal defense attorney
- Judy Hale Reed, Western Pennsylvania Human Trafficking Coalition.
This program is approved for six substantive Continuing Legal Education credits; three hours of continuing education by the Pennsylvania Coroners' Education Board; and six hours of social work continuing education through co-sponsorship of the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work.
Best Practices in Sexual Assault Cases: An Interdisciplinary Approach is presented by Duquesne University's Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law in collaboration with the Duquesne School of Nursing,
For more information, including discounts, cost and to register, visit www.duq.edu/forensics, call 412-396-1330 or email email@example.com.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 10,000 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.