Learn the Essentials of Starting a Business with Duquesne University SBDC
Thanks to funding provided by the Small Business Jobs Act of 2010 through the Small Business Administration, the Duquesne University Small Business Development Center (SBDC), partnered with PA CareerLink Pittsburgh/Allegheny County and the CHAMBER of Commerce Inc., in expanding entrepreneur training opportunities by providing free workshops in the Pittsburgh area.
“The goal of the program is to expand our reach and help more first time entrepreneurs be successful,” said Dr. Mary McKinney, SBDC director.
The 2 ½-hour seminars cover the myths of entrepreneurship and address many of the startup decisions new entrepreneurs have to make. In addition, seminars will introduce attendees to the importance of the planning process and funding options for new ventures.
Workshops will be held at the following times and locations:
- The CHAMBER Inc., 5000 Brooktree Road, Suite 100, Wexford
Thursday, Nov. 3, 1:30 to 4 p.m.
- Duquesne University, Rockwell Hall, 600 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh
Wednesday, Nov. 23, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 15, 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- PA CareerLink Allegheny West, Robinson Plaza Two, Suite 410, Pittsburgh
Wednesday, Nov. 9, 1:30 to 4 p.m.
- PA CareerLink Allegheny East, 2040 Ardmore Blvd., Pittsburgh
Tuesday, Nov. 8, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 9, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- PA CareerLink Downtown, 425 Sixth Ave., 22nd Floor, Regional Enterprise Tower, Pittsburgh
Thursday, Dec. 1, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Space is limited.