Ring in the Christmas Season with Night of Lights ‘Silver Bells’
The Duquesne University Student Government Association will kick off the Christmas season at the annual Night of Lights event, Silver Bells, on Thursday, Dec. 5, on campus.
University President Dr. Charles J. Dougherty will pull the switch for the official lighting of Duquesne's campus at approximately 5:15 p.m. at the Union Perron on Academic Walk.
Other Silver Bells celebration activities include:
- Christmas carols, 4:30 p.m., Union Perron
- Carriage rides, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Academic Walk
- Santa's workshop, 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., Africa Room, 3rd Floor Union, featuring craft booths, silent auction and pictures with Santa
- Christmas dinner, 5:30 to 7 p.m., Union Ballroom, cost is $9 per person.
- Tamburitzans performance, 7 p.m. in the Power Center Ballroom.
All donations collected during the event will benefit Autism Speaks.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 10,000 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.