Youngest ‘Apprentice,’ Now Trump Productions President, to Share Insights
Andy Litinsky, president of Trump Productions and the youngest contestant ever on NBC’s The Apprentice, will share his entrepreneurial insights at the 10th annual Entrepreneur’s Growth Conference hosted on Thursday, June 5, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by the Small Business Development Center at Duquesne University.
Litinsky, a successful entrepreneur since the age of 13, appeared on Season Two of the show, while he was a senior at Harvard University. He is the only “fired” apprentice to be rehired by business icon Donald Trump.
Additionally, Andy Masich, president and chief executive officer of the Sen. John Heinz History Center, will address 250 years of entrepreneurial innovation in Pittsburgh through the contributions of leaders such as Andrew Carnegie, George Westinghouse and Andrew Mellon.
This year’s conference, set in the Duquesne Union, will feature information-filled workshops on a variety of topics, including:
- Raising money: five ways to improve cash flow, finding capital for funding growth, understanding venture capitalists
- Web-based strategies: employing search engines to generate more leads, capitalizing on social marketing trends, creating Web sites that work
- Sales/marketing: best practices for selling to big companies, creating presentations, media buying hints, proven selling solutions
- Business planning: five startup mistakes to avoid, preserving the family business
- Growth: exploring exporting, networking your way to the top, entrepreneurial thinking
- Management: lessons from a CEO, best practices for female and minority entrepreneurs, managing change, success secrets of the self-employed, cash management basics for rookies
- Technology: developing a startup, hiring employees and managing growth.
For more information about this year’s Entrepreneur’s Growth Conference or to register, visit www.egc.duq.edu or call the SBDC at 412.396.6233. The registration fee includes continental breakfast, luncheon and all activities. The cost is $119 for a full day, $79 for a half-day and $139 for walk-ins. Discounted parking is available.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 10,000 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.