Back to top
Integrity of Creation Conference: The Global Water Crisis
Duquesne University, Power Center. Sep. 27-28, 2017.
Wednesday September 27.
• 7:00pm. Welcome Remarks by Duquesne University President Ken Gormley.
• 7:10pm. Introduction of Speaker.
• 7:15pm. Plenary Presentation.
Nancy G. Love, Ph.D. Borchardt and Glysson Collegiate
Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University
Presentation Title: Water Infrastructure in Shrinking and
Expanding Cities:The Impact on Water Quality and
Thursday September 28.
• 8:00am. Welcome and Introduction.
• 8:15am. Plenary Presentation.
Robert Glennon, J.D., Ph.D. Regents' Professor and Morris K. Udall
Professor of Law and Public Policy, Rogers College of Law,
University of Arizona.
Presentation Title: Moral Stewardship of Our Most Precious Resource: Water.
• 9:45am. Break
• 10:00am. Plenary Presentation.
Hussein A. Amery, Ph.D. Associate Professor, International
Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado.
Presentation Title: The Water, Food, and Energy Nexus in the
Middle East: A Focus on Saudi Arabia.
• 11:30am. Lunch at Tables.
• 12:00pm. Plenary Presentation.
Bishop Mário Clemente Neto, CSSp, Brazil.
Presentation Title: Living the Preservation of Nature in the Amazon.
• 1:30pm. Break.
• 1:45pm. Plenary Presentation.
Rachel Hart Winter, Ph.D. Director, Siena Center, Dominican
University, River Forest, Illinois.
Presentation Title: Our Parched Earth: A Catholic Ecofeminist
Response to the Global Water Crisis.
• 3:15pm. Break.
• 3:30pm. Plenary Presentation.
Richard Piacentini, Ph.D. Executive Director, Phipps Conservatory,
Pittsburgh (and colleagues).
Presentation Title: Sustainable Water Conservation Strategies in a
• 5:00pm. Social.