Rules & Regulations
Undergraduate Research & Scholarship Symposium 2013
- Must be a current Duquesne University undergraduate student.
- All disciplines are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- Students are permitted to use projects from either Spring or Fall Semester.
- All Duquesne undergraduate students who submit a valid abstract & list their current Faculty Advisor will be accepted to participate in the Poster Session at the URSS.
- Group projects are accepted. Please assign only ONE group member to act as your "Group Leader." He or she will be responsible for submitting the abstract and passing on any email communication that happens between submission and the symposium.
- Please note: Our submission form will only accept ONE abstract per user. If you are part of a group project and also wish to participate in the URSS with an individual project, you must assign someone else in your group to be the "Group Leader."
Abstracts and Poster Presentations
- Abstracts must be 150 words or less.
- Posters should be no larger than 36" by 48".
- Posters should contain a prominent title, name the authors, & effectively convey the findings of your research.
- Participants may either elect to use a corkboard or a table for poster display. If your project is going to be 3D (such as a tri-fold or containing props, a computer, etc), we suggest the use of a table. If your poster is going to be flat, we suggest that you use a corkboard.
Note: Participants are expected to share one side of the corkboard or table with another person/group.
- Due to time constraints, only a select number of students will be chosen to present.
- To be considered, pleased indicate your interest on the online submission form.
- Students who wish to present at the URSS will be notified of their acceptance by a couple of weeks after the deadline.
- Oral Presenters are also expected to participate in the poster session.
- Presentations will be limited to 15 minutes. Power point will be available for those who are interested.
- The URSS consists of a poster session, oral presentations, a keynote speaker, & an award ceremony
- Mandatory set up of posters will take place the day before the symposium between 9:00 and 2:00.
- Check in for the day of the symposium is between 8:00 and 8:45am. Participants will check in and then head to their poster.
- Doors open to the public at 9:00 am.
- A specific schedule will be emailed and posted to the website in advance of the symposium.
- Event dress is business casual.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to a select number of students who show outstanding
research and scholarship.
- Judges from each sponsoring department will select the winners.
- Please see the URSS Awards page for a list of the various awards.
Visit our FAQ page.
If you have additional questions, please contact Mary McConnell in the Office of Research.
Phone: 412.396.1537 Email: email@example.com