Duquesne University provides for financial assistance for eligible retirees, to help in the purchase of medical coverage during retirement. Assistance is determined by a credit formula which takes into account years of service at Duquesne. The retiree may choose any medical plan they desire and use the annual credits to help pay for the premium. In cases where credits exceed premiums, those excess credits may be used in future years.
Early retirement is defined as having reached age 62, with a minimum of 10 years of full-time continuous service. Normal or regular retirement is defined as age 65 with a minimum of 10 years of full-time continuous service.
Additional Retiree Benefits
- Special University ID card identifying you as a DU Retiree
- Duquesne University e-mail address
- Access to DORI portal
- Access to Gumberg Library services
- 10 percent discount at the campus Barnes & Noble bookstore
- Discount on selected athletics events
- Membership in the Retiree Association