Know Your Numbers
In addition to the health benefits of participating, you can also earn money! Each eligible employee will receive a $250 participation reward!
How to participate:
- Obtain the required screenings from your PCP (may require a copay) or contact the Center for Pharmacy Care at 412.396.2155 for free screenings. If you choose to obtain your screenings from your PCP, please bring a Documentation Form to your appointment and return it to the Benefits Office by June 30, 2018.
- Complete a Wellness Profile through your health insurance carrier's website.
www.mycigna.com - Cigna Directions
www.upmchealthplan.com - UPMC Directions
Please note that you must be enrolled in the University's medical insurance at the time of your reward is paid out in order to be eligible.
Open to employees enrolled in a Duquesne University medical plan. Requires completion of:
- Online Wellness Profile via your medical carrier. See attached for instructions.
- Know Your Numbers Screenings
- Contact the Center for Pharmacy Care at 412.396.2155 to schedule your free screening.
(No form is needed if you are completing screenings with the Center for Pharmacy Care.)
Use attached form to obtain information during personal physician visits, health clinics, or community screenings. These screenings may require a copay. (This form is not needed if you are completing screenings with the Center for Pharmacy Care.)
- Only one $250 reward per eligible family.
- Employee must be an active member of the medical plan when payment is being processed.
- Campaign runs from July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018
- You are eligible again this year, even if you participated in prior years.
- All employee information is confidential. The Benefits Office only receives notification of completion of requirements at the end of each month.
- The Benefits Office will notify employees via email when documentation form and online assessment information has been received and approved.
When will I receive my taxable $250 in my pay?
- Employees who submit required documentation to the Benefits Office by September 30, 2017 will receive their taxable $250 in the pay first pay of November 2017.
- Employees who submit required documentation to the Benefits Office by December 31, 2017 will receive their taxable $250 in the pay first pay of February 2018.
- Employees who submit required documentation to the Benefits Office by March 31, 2018 will receive their taxable $250
in the pay first pay of May 2018.
- Employees who submit required documentation to the Benefits Office by June 30, 2018 will receive their taxable $250
in the pay first pay of August 2018.
Notice Regarding Wellness Program
The Duquesne University Know Your Numbers (KYN) campaign is a voluntary wellness program available to all benefits eligible employees. The program is administered according to federal rules permitting employer -sponsored wellness programs that seek to improve employee health or prevent disease, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as applicable, among others. If you choose to participate in KYN, you will be asked to complete a voluntary health risk assessment or "HRA" that asks a series of questions about your health-related activities and behaviors and whether you have or had certain medical conditions (e.g., cancer, diabetes, or heart disease). You will also be asked to complete a biometric screening, which will include a blood test for cholesterol and blood glucose levels. You are not required to complete the HRA or to participate in the blood test or other medical examinations.
However, employees who choose to participate in KYN will receive an incentive of $250 for completion. Although you are not required to complete the HRA or participate in the biometric screening, only employees who do so will receive the $250. The information from your HRA and the results from your biometric screening will be used to provide you with information to help you understand your current health and potential risks, and may be used to offer you services through the wellness program, such as Center for Pharmacy Care or medical plan counseling. You also are encouraged to share your results or concerns with your own doctor.