Assistant Dean / Executive Director of Admissions
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Office of the Dean - School of Law
Position Status: Full-time / Job Posting Number: 10-386
Open Date: October 9, 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notes: Accepting resumes - Application review will begin on October 23, 2017 and will remain open until filled.
Send Resume To: apply.interfolio.com/46020
NATURE OF WORK:
The Assistant Dean and/or Executive Director of Admissions is responsible for the strategic oversight of the day to day operations of Duquesne University's School of Law enrollment management including recruitment, application processing, admissions, enrollment forecasting, scholarship strategies and retention. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Law and to the Vice President for Enrollment Management and in partnership with the Faculty, the successful candidate will be collaborative, strategic, analytical, forward-thinking, have strong interpersonal skills and able to execute effectively so that we continue to attract and enroll the most qualified students.
Our School of Law is over one hundred years old. Its mission is to train lawyers to a high degree of professional skill with a special sensitivity to ethical and moral concerns. The Assistant Dean/Executive Director of Admissions is expected to lead and provide strategic direction in the challenging and dynamic landscape of law school enrollment.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Supervises staff members including Associate Director of Admissions and Administrative Assistant as well as student ambassadors;
- Designs, develops, and executes short and long-term enrollment planning initiatives;
- Manages office communication efforts, in conjunction with both University-wide and School of Law Marketing and Communication representatives, including publications, social media, and admission's website;
- Conducts and participates in various meetings involving School of Law constituents, including administration, faculty, staff, students, alumni and friends;
- Plans and implements on and off-campus recruitment programs such as, but not limited to, Fall Information Sessions, Spring Admitted Student Day and group visits;
- Facilitates the comprehensive communication plan for inquiries, applicants and accepted students through the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system;
- Collaboratively develops, with Enrollment Management and Management & Business, a scholarship strategy to maximize the enrollment and retention of a diverse group of academically talented students as well as achieve net tuition revenue objectives;
- Serves as an active, ex officio member of the law school admissions committee;
- Works with the associate dean of academic affairs to stay abreast of law school trends and admissions best practices, ensuring compliance with law school admissions standards set forth by the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) and American Bar Association (ABA);
- Acts as liaison to Enrollment Management Group (EMG), Management and Business (M&B), Academic Affairs, Enrollment Research and Systems, Financial Aid and other University departments;
- Works with colleagues across the University to collaboratively improve and manage the functions of student recruitment, including prospect management, applicant processing, and the enrollment of accepted applicants;
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with a regional network of pre-law liaisons from both public and private institutions.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- JD or professional degree strongly recommended (master's minimum);
- Served in a leadership capacity overseeing law school admissions for a minimum of three years;
- Previous experience developing and implementing marketing and recruitment strategies both regionally and nationally;
- Charismatic, energetic and effective communicator, ability to foster internal and external relationships and a strong commitment to student service and collaboration;
- Ability to analyze data to determine marketplace challenges and opportunities and develop appropriate strategic admission and financial aid responses;
- Identify market opportunities for existing program suite as well as new program opportunities;
- Prior experience working with admissions and financial aid software, technology, web-based tools, and programs (Banner, ACES2, etc.);
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities to meet targeted enrollment goals;
- Demonstrated management skills with the ability to collaborate, lead, inspire and motivate a team of admission professionals;
- Budget and resource management experience;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards of professional school admissions;
- Must be willing to contribute actively to the University Mission and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University. The Mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit of service, moral, and spiritual values, sensitivity to world concerns, and an ecumenical campus community.
Catholic in its mission and ecumenical in spirit, Duquesne University values equality of opportunity as an educational institution and as an employer. We aspire to attract and sustain a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic goals and enriches our campus community. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups and support dual-career couples through our charter membership in this region's HERC (http://www.hercjobs.org/oh-western-pa-wv/).
We invite applicants for this position to learn more about our university and its Spiritan heritage by visiting http://www.duq.edu/about/mission-and-identity/mission-statement. Those invited to campus for an interview may be asked about ways in which they see their talents contributing to the continued growth of our community and furthering its mission.
Duquesne University uses Interfolio to collect all faculty and staff job applications electronically. Please send a letter of application describing your experience and interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to apply.interfolio.com/46020.
Duquesne University was founded in 1878 by its sponsoring religious community, the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. Duquesne University is Catholic in mission and ecumenical in spirit. Motivated by its Catholic identity, Duquesne values equality of opportunity both as an educational institution and as an employer.