Assistant Dean of Admissions
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Office of the Dean - School of Law
Position Status: Full-time / Job Posting Number: 10-386
Open Date: March 2, 2018
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notes: Accepting resumes - Application review will begin on April 2, 2018, and will remain open until filled.
Send Resume To: apply.interfolio.com/49295
NATURE OF WORK:
The Assistant Dean of Admissions is responsible for the strategic oversight of the day-to-day operations of Duquesne University's School of Law enrollment management efforts including annual enrollment forecasting, scholarship and pricing strategies, recruitment, application processing, admissions and retention. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs within the School of Law, and to the Vice President for Enrollment Management, and in partnership with the Law School Faculty, the successful candidate will be collaborative, strategic, analytical, forward-thinking, have strong interpersonal skills and be able to execute effectively so that we continue to attract and enroll a diverse group of academically talented and motivated students.
Our School of Law is over one hundred years old. Its mission is to train lawyers to a high degree of professional skill with a special sensitivity to ethical and moral concerns. The Assistant Dean of Admissions is expected to lead and provide strategic direction in the challenging and dynamic landscape of law school enrollment. We anticipate a start date of July 1, 2018.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Analyzes data to determine marketplace challenges and opportunities and develop appropriate strategic admission and financial aid responses.
- Identifies market opportunities for the existing program suite as well as new program opportunities.
- Collaboratively develops, with the Enrollment Management Group (EMG) and Finance and Business, a pricing and scholarship strategy to maximize the enrollment and retention of a diverse group of academically talented students as well as achieve net tuition revenue objectives.
- Designs, develops, and executes short and long-term enrollment planning initiatives.
- Manages office communication efforts, in conjunction with University-wide, School of Law and EMG Marketing and Communication representatives, including publications, social media, and the admission's website.
- Conducts and participates in various meetings involving School of Law constituents, including administration, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and friends.
- Plans and implements on- and off-campus recruitment programs such as, group visits, Fall Information Sessions, Spring Admitted Student Day, etc.
- Facilitates the comprehensive communication plan for inquiries, applicants and accepted students through the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Makes admission decisions and recommendations and works collaboratively with faculty members as an ex officio member of the law school admissions committee.
- Works with the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs and the admissions committee to stay abreast of law school trends and admissions best practices, ensuring compliance with law school admissions standards set forth by the Law School Admissions Council (LSAC) and American Bar Association (ABA).
- Acts as liaison to Enrollment Management Group, Finance and Business, Academic Affairs, Financial Aid and other University departments.
- Works with colleagues across the University to collaboratively improve and manage the functions of student recruitment, including prospect management, applicant processing, and the enrollment of accepted applicants.
- Establishes and cultivates relationships with a regional network of pre-law liaisons from both public and private institutions.
- Supervises staff members including the Associate Director of Admissions and Administrative Assistant as well as student ambassadors.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK
- The following are a list of requirement we seek in a candidate to fill this position:
- A Juris Doctorate preferred or other professional degrees (master's minimum).
- Served in a leadership capacity overseeing law school admissions for a minimum of three years.
- Budget and resource management experience.
- Previous experience developing and implementing marketing and recruitment strategies both regionally and nationally.
- Prior experience working with admissions and financial aid software, technology, web-based tools, and programs such as, Banner, ACES2, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to set priorities to meet targeted enrollment goals.
Charismatic, energetic and effective communicator, ability to foster internal and external relationships and a strong commitment to student service and collaboration.
- Demonstrated management skills with the ability to collaborate, lead, inspire and motivate a team of admission professionals.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, adhering to the highest professional and ethical standards of professional school admissions.
Catholic in its mission and ecumenical in spirit, Duquesne University values equality of opportunity as an educational institution and as an employer. We aspire to attract and sustain a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic goals and enriches our campus community. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups and support dual-career couples through our charter membership in this region's HERC (http://www.hercjobs.org/oh-western-pa-wv/).
We invite applicants for this position to learn more about our university and its Spiritan heritage by visiting http://www.duq.edu/about/mission-and-identity/mission-statement. Those invited to campus for an interview may be asked about ways in which they see their talents contributing to the continued growth of our community and furthering its mission.
Duquesne University uses Interfolio to collect all faculty and staff job applications electronically. Please send a letter of application describing your experience and interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to apply.interfolio.com/49295.
Duquesne University was founded in 1878 by its sponsoring religious community, the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. Duquesne University is Catholic in mission and ecumenical in spirit. Motivated by its Catholic identity, Duquesne values equality of opportunity both as an educational institution and as an employer.