Director of Procurement and Payment Services
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Controller's Office
Position Status: Full-time
Position Number: 10-387
Hours: M-F; 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Open Date: October 12, 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notes: No Longer Accepting Resumes
Send Resume to: email@example.com
NATURE OF WORK:
This position serves as an administrative professional managing the University's Procurement and Payment Services department. This position ensures that all procurement and payment transactions are processed accurately and timely in accordance with established university policies and procedures as well as applicable laws. In addition, the Director will provide exceptional service in the role of liaison with departments, employees, and external parties for inquiries and problem resolution related to procurement and payment.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Direct the Procurement and Payment Services department and supervise staff in all phases of work required for completion of the weekly check run, purchase order requests and the procurement card program.
- Operate, maintain, update and train users on the day-to-day operation of the Unimarket eProcurement system, iContracts repository and ChromeRiver.
- Create and implement changes to work assignments, methods or procedures to meet operational needs and improve accuracy and efficiency of the procurement and payment services systems.
- Process and review weekly report of business expense forms and non-scheduled payroll authorizations for adherence to University policy. Supervise the processing of student refunds, authorized payment requisitions, invoices and purchase orders.
- Maintain and process 1099 and 1042-s files and run the 1099-misc tax forms at the end of each calendar year. Monitor the use of sales tax exemption certificate, Federal ID number and W-9 forms.
- Supervise testing for computer system updates. Participate in implementation of updates and training of department personnel on new software programs.
- Educate and train faculty and staff regarding procurement and payment procedures and University policies.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations governing payments to vendors and University personnel.
- Analyze, resolve and answer complex questions or difficult problems presented by University faculty, staff or vendors.
- Create and evaluate process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with preferred vendors and key University suppliers.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
The successful candidate will have earned a Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain management, finance, accounting, or information systems. An MBA is preferred as well as five years of previous work experience in procurement or accounts payable, higher education or related non-profit environment; two years of supervisory experience; and or any equivalent combination of experience and training; which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: ability and knowledge of supply chain routines; a proficiency with Microsoft Office software; exceptional verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the University Community. Applicants must also be willing to contribute actively to the University Mission and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University. The Mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit of service, moral and spiritual values, sensitivity to world concerns, and an ecumenical campus community.
Catholic in its mission and ecumenical in spirit, Duquesne University values equality of opportunity as an educational institution and as an employer. We aspire to attract and sustain a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic goals and enriches our campus community. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups and support dual-career couples through our charter membership in this region's HERC (http://www.hercjobs.org/oh-western-pa-wv/).
We invite applicants for this position to learn more about our university and its Spiritan heritage by visiting http://www.duq.edu/about/mission-and-identity/mission-statement. Those invited to campus for an interview may be asked about ways in which they see their talents contributing to the continued growth of our community and furthering its mission.
Duquesne University was founded in 1878 by its sponsoring religious community, the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. Duquesne University is Catholic in mission and ecumenical in spirit. Motivated by its Catholic identity, Duquesne values equality of opportunity both as an educational institution and as an employer.