Graduate & Online Programs Advisor
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: School of Nursing
Position Status: Full-time
Position Number: 10-388
Open Date: October 20, 2017
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notes: Accepting resumes
Send Resume To: apply.interfolio.com/46358
NATURE OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Assistant Dean, Student Affairs, the Graduate Advisor is a professional position in the academic advisement of online (MSN, PMC, DNP, PhD, and RN-BSN) nursing students. Responsibilities include online academic guidance, program plan monitoring, registration, consultation with faculty, processing of advanced standing reports,, processing Dean's reports prior to graduation, attending all MSN/PMC, FNP, DNP, PhD and RN-BSN Committee meetings and functions, coordination of the graduation processes and activities. Work is performed with considerable independence with established policies and reviewed by superiors through reports, conferences, and observation of results.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK :
- Works effectively with the relevant program committees in the school to assure coordinated curriculum changes, and productive admission protocols including collaboration with recruitment office on online program enrollment targets and prospective student needs.
- Monitors student progress through the MSN, PMC, DNP, PhD and RN-BSN programs using progression and retention tools such as RAPP, Starfish, Cognos Reporting, etc.
- Provides online academic guidance to MSN, PMC, DNP, PhD and RN-BSN students in consultation with faculty.
- Corresponds with online students as needed.
- Monitors student files for compliance with curriculum and graduation requirements.
- Updates and maintains student program plans and course projections in collaboration with the Director of Operations.
- Processes new admissions and provides oversight for online student registration.
- Reviews and evaluates schedule of course proofs for online courses with appropriate faculty and staff.
- Serves on several University and SON Committees.
- Supports coordination and planning of online student orientations, on campus residencies and graduation.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
- Work requires a Bachelor's Degree - Masters preferred and 5 years of progressively responsible experience in nursing, counseling, advisement, higher education management or business. Knowledge of FERPA regulations, University and School policies, enrollment management Banner SCT system required to perform essential functions of job.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.) is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional, effective and collegial working relationships with students, faculty, staff and university personnel
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sensitivity to the need of each individual to be treated with dignity and respect as it relates to diversity in general and the Mission of the University specifically.
- Applicants must also be willing to contribute actively to the University Mission and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University.
Catholic in its mission and ecumenical in spirit, Duquesne University values equality of opportunity as an educational institution and as an employer. We aspire to attract and sustain a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic goals and enriches our campus community. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups and support dual-career couples through our charter membership in this region's HERC (http://www.hercjobs.org/oh-western-pa-wv/).
We invite applicants for this position to learn more about our university and its Spiritan heritage by visiting http://www.duq.edu/about/mission-and-identity/mission-statement. Those invited to campus for an interview may be asked about ways in which they see their talents contributing to the continued growth of our community and furthering its mission.
Duquesne University uses Interfolio to collect all faculty and staff job applications electronically. Please send a letter of application describing your experience and interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to http://apply.interfolio.com/46358.
Duquesne University was founded in 1878 by its sponsoring religious community, the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. Duquesne University is Catholic in mission and ecumenical in spirit. Motivated by its Catholic identity, Duquesne values equality of opportunity both as an educational institution and as an employer.