Duquesne University’s Student Employment Program strives to serve students by providing career development opportunities that align with their interests and fields of study.
Jobs may be available both on campus and in the community
Duties and schedule can vary widely depending on the job
While they work for Duquesne University, our student employees gain more than extra income – they gain valuable work experience that supplements an outstanding academic education!
Apply for a Summer Work Study Position
Summer Work Study positions will be posted AFTER April 18th.
Step 1 - Apply for Summer Work Study via Financial Aid (priority deadline is March 27, 2015)
You will receive an e-mail to your DU e-mail account from email@example.com confirming that your work study award has been processed.
Step 2 - Complete an Online Student Employment Application
Select "Summer" for "Period Applied For"
If you receive a confirmation screen and a confirmation message to your DU e-mail account, we have received your application.
Step 3 - Interview Process
To arrange an interview for an open position, you must come to the HR office in person during walk-in hours. Interviews for Summer Work Study will begin on Monday, April 27, 2015.
Apply for an Academic Year Work Study Position
Step 1 - Apply for Academic Year Work Study with Financial Aid
- You must apply for work study every Academic Year.
- Per Financial Aid Terms and Conditions: Federal Work-Study is a need-based program for eligible full-time students. Award amount shown is an estimate of potential earnings and is contingent upon available jobs and actual hours worked. The offer of Federal Work-Study eligibility is not a guarantee of employment or earnings. Earnings are paid directly to the student (not to the student's University account) and cannot be deducted from billings. The Office of Human Resource Management is responsible for actual placement in available positions.
- You will receive an e-mail to your DU e-mail account from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that your work study award has been processed.
Step 2 - Submit an Online Student Employment Application
- Students who have been cleared for Work Study and sumbit an application by July 15th will be regisitered for a pre-scheduled interview.
- Select "Academic Year" for "Period Applied For"
- If you receive a confirmation screen and a confirmation message to your DU e-mail account, we have received your application.
Step 3 - Interview Process
- If you are cleared for Work Study and submit the online Student Employment application between June 1st and July 15th you will be registered for a pre-scheduled interview. Pre-scheduled interviews will take place on August 21, 22, 25 and 26. Pre-scheduled interview information will be posted on DORI in late July.
- To arrange an interview for an open position, you must come to the HR office in person during walk-in hours which will begin on SEPTEMBER 2nd
Hired for a Student Employment Job?
You Must Complete Tax and Employment Forms in HR Before You Can Start!
Come to the HR Office and Bring with you:
- 1. Original Photo ID, such as student ID, current driver’s license, or other accepted proof of identity
- 2. Original Birth Certificate, Social Security card, current U.S. passport, or other proof of work eligibility
- 3. Bank account information to sign up for direct deposit