Employment Opportunities – No Work Study Award Required
Jobs may be available with the following organizations and departments on campus. Work study awards are not required for these positions. Please note the specific application instructions for each area.
The Career Services office posts openings from Pittsburgh companies and organizations who are looking for students for part-time internships and jobs.
To learn about job opportunities:
- Visit DuqCareerLink
- Visit Career Services for individual consultations and advice in Rockwell Hall Commons, Suite 100.
- Call 412.396.6644 with questions
Offers food service and hospitality positions in:
- Towers Cafeteria
- Options Café
- Short Stop
- Take 10
- Red Ring
Stop by the Duquesne Dining office in 318 Student Union for an application.
Offers part-time retail positions.
Stop by the bookstore to pick up an application. To apply call 412.434.6626
On Campus No Work Study Required Positions
POSITION: Investment Lab Student Aide
DEPARTMENT: School of Business - Investment Center
REQUIREMENTS: Business majors in their Sophomore or Junior year only; Student status; Availability to work evenings and weekends for a maximum of 11 hours per week (hours of operation: M-Th 9a-9p, F 9a-5p, Sun 1p-9p); casual dress; follow all university student employment requirements
• Finance, Economics, and quantitative majors strongly recommended
• Above average computer skills and interest, especially Excel
• Will be required to learn a functional knowledge of several financial software packages and platforms
• Ability to promote and represent the Investment Center to students, visitors, university administrators, prospective students/parents (i.e. public relations skills)
• Punctuality and a professional attitude are a must
DESCRIPTION: The Investment Center is a high profile, technology-based resource center for students and faculty in the School of Business and the university at large. Student Aides are responsible for assisting the program director in monitoring and maintaining operations, helping students with various software packages and hardware problems, upholding the Investment Center and School of Business policies, and any other job related functions deemed necessary by the Program Director.
HOW TO APPLY: Please provide a resume or letter of interest outlining your qualifications to Jennifer Milcarek, email@example.com.