Employment Opportunities – No Work Study Award Required
Jobs may be available with the following organizations and departments on campus. Work study awards are not required for these positions. Please note the specific application instructions for each area.
The Career Services office posts openings from Pittsburgh companies and organizations who are looking for students for part-time internships and jobs.
To learn about job opportunities:
- Visit DuqConnection
- Visit Career Services for individual consultations and advice in G-1 Rockwell Hall
- Call 412.396.6644 with questions
Offers food service and hospitality positions in:
- Towers Cafeteria
- Options Café
- Short Stop
- Take 10
- Red Ring
Stop by the Duquesne Dining office in 318 Student Union for an application.
Offers part-time retail positions.
Stop by the bookstore to pick up an application. To apply call 412.434.6626
On Campus No Work Study Required Positions
Position: Buidling Manager
Deparment: Recreation (Power Center)
Requirements: Must be a graduate/post graduate student
Schedule: Training will begin December 1st. Candidates MUST be available at ALL the following times EVERY week during the Spring 2015 semester Mondays 7:00PM-11:00PM, Wednesdays 5:00PM-11:00PM and Fridays 3:00PM-6:00PM.
Illustrative Examples of Work
- Enforces the policies and procedures of the Recreation Department.
- Assists in opening and closing of the Power Center.
- Ensures safety and security of all patrons.
- Supervises all student aides.
- Ability to handle any conflicts or injuries associated with patrons.
- Monitor the 2nd, 3rd, 3M, and 4th floors of the Power Center by doing regular walk throughs (every 30 minutes).
- Report any incidents or injuries to the Director.
- Report any broken equipment to the Assistant Director for Fitness and Wellness.
- Monitor all events taking place in the Power Center by making regular walk throughs.
Requirements of Work
Work requires a Bachelor's degree. Prior experience working in higher education or the fitness industry is preferred. The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Thorough knowledge of the Power Center. This includes all floors (2, 3, 3M and 4) and its rooms, entrances, exits, courts and restroom facilities.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of Intramural and Fitness/Wellness programming.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all equipment and daily operations of the Power Center.
- Ability to handle all conflicts and injuries.
- Ability to work open and closing shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Effective organizational and administrative skills required.
- Ability and willingness to contribute actively to the Mission and to respect the Spiritan Catholic Identity of Duquesne University. The Mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit of service, moral and spiritual valves, sensitivity to world concerns, and an ecumenical campus community.
How to Apply: Contact Dan McCarthy at 412.396.4812 or email@example.com.