Retirement Benefits - All University Employees
Last Revised: 11/2012
Responsible University Office: Office of Human Resources
Policy Contact: Donna Steed, 412.396.5041
Scope: All University employees
Policy: Duquesne University defines "retiree status" as the attainment of age 62 with 10 years of full-time continuous service. The Office of Human Resource Management will be responsible for verifying eligibility for retirement status.
The employee is responsible for providing written notification to their Senior Department Head. Such notice will allow for a smooth transition of duties and limit departmental disruption.
Retirees of the University are eligible for the following:
• Post-Retirement Health Reimbursement Account as outlined in TAP 2
• Tuition Remission Benefits as outlined in TAP 13
• University Retiree Identification Card
• Duquesne University e-mail address
• Access to DORI portal
• University affiliated parking rate during campus visits
• Access to Gumberg Library services
• 10 percent discount at the campus Barnes & Noble bookstore
• Educational pricing at the campus Computer Store
• Discount on selected athletics events
• Retirees Association
Individuals who are considering retirement may schedule an appointment with the Benefits Office to discuss the details of benefits provided by the University.
Information regarding disbursement of funds from the University sponsored retirement savings plan is available from the retirement plan vendors. Refer to customer service numbers on the Benefits web site.
Duquesne University reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend this Plan in whole or in part at any time and from time to time, or to terminate it any time, without advance notice, pursuant to the terms of the plan document. Amendments to the plan are made by the Office of Human Resource Management with the approval of the Vice President for Management and Business. Termination of the plan must be approved by the Vice President and approved by the Executive Committee of the University Board of Directors.