Sign into your Retiree Email Account
Retirees access their @retiree.duq.edu account through the Outlook Web App. Use the steps below to sign into your account for the first time and set up your password.
Sign into your Retiree Account for the First Time
- Go to outlook.office.com.
- In the Sign in box, enter your full @retiree.duq.edu email address.
- Click Next.
- Enter your temporary password and then click Sign in. You will be asked to update your password
- Enter a new password in the New password field and again in the Confirm password field. Your password must meet our password requirements.
- Click Sign in.
- Click Next on the More information required box.
- On the don't lose access to your account! screen, you will be prompted to set up two backup authentication methods in case you need to reset your password.
- Authentication Phone: Select your country or region and then enter your phone number. You will then be prompted to select text me or call me to receive an authentication code. Enter your code and click Verify.
- Authentication Email: Enter a personal email address and click email me. Sign into the account you provided and open an email with the subject Duquesne University account email verification code. This email will contain a numeric code. Enter this code into the prompt on your retiree email account setup screen and click verify.
- After setting up both authentication methods, click Finish.
- Select your preferred language and time zone.
After completing these steps, you can sign into your retiree account by going to outlook.office.com and entering your full @retiree.duq.edu email address and password.