Spring 2015 Adjunct Orientation
Materials for this orientation will be provided on our external website, which will be activated on December 17, 2014. Any questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Fall 2014 Adjunct Orientation
Each of the following PowerPoints were displayed and discussed at this year's Adjunct Orientation. If there are outstanding questions, please do not hesitate to contact CTE.
- Designing Your Courses and Syllabus [PPT]
- Active Learning Session - Available in Consultation with CTE Staff
- Documenting Your Teaching and Student Evaluations [PPT]
- Giving Feedback on Learning & Grading Fairly [PPT]
- First Day of Class [Prezi]
- Resource & Policy, Fall 2014 [PPT]
- Cookie Rubric [L. Willingham-McLain, Director, Center for Teaching Excellence], derived from Elizabeth Wikfors Hall and Susan J. Salmon, "Chocolate Chip Cookies and Rubrics: Helping Students Understand Rubrics in Inclusive Settings," TEACHING Exceptional Children, vol. 35, no. 4 (2003): 8-11.
- Duquesne Semester Calendar: Fall 2014
Documents relating to syllabus and course design are available below.
Fall 2014 McAnulty TA Orientation Materials
In CTE's effort to continually assist TAs as teacher-scholars, a few of the Power Point presentations, worksheets, and other relevant information can be found here.
- Welcome, Policies, and Procedure [PPT]
- Engaging Students With Active Learning [PPT]
- Documenting Your Teaching [PPT]
- Grading Failry & Preventing Plagiarism [PPT]
- First Day - Prezi Presentation
Course and Syllabus Design: Adjuncts and TAs
Information regarding the design and development of effective syllabi can be found below. Keep this in mind as you either design or re-tool your syllabus for Spring 2015:
- Handout: Fink's Taxonomy
- Handout: Bloom's Taxonomy
- Web Link: Idea Center and Web Link: "Integrated Course Design," by l. Dee Fink [A useful, support site for course development]
- A CTE Prepared Guide for Developing Your Syllabus [PDF]
- Article: from The Chronicle - Creative and Detailed Syllabus design
- A Quick Checklist for Your Final Syllabus Revision [PDF]