Academic & Student Support
By working closely with the GSD and University faculty, advisors and counselors, students are more likely to be successful and earn higher grades than those who do not utilize these valuable resources.
All GSD and Duquesne undergraduate students have a supportive learning community they can lean on including:
- Faculty and staff who advocate for their success
- Personalized academic advisement
- Tutoring and mentoring sessions
- Writing Center offering one-on-one assistance
- Counseling & wellbeing services
- Services for students with disabilities
Parents play a crucial role in the success of their GSD students by:
- Showing interest in the student's college stories.
- Supporting the student's best efforts toward academic success.
- Expecting accountability for failures as well as successes.
- Learning about Academic Integrity and what it means to a student's success.
Academic Life Coaching
The Michael P. Weber Learning Skills Center's Academic Life Coach Program provides Duquesne University students certified life coaches skilled in offering personalized and individualized student support. To learn more please click here.