Assistant Professor of Practice in Accounting
Palumbo Donahue School of Business
Pittsburgh, PA, 15282
Phone: 412.396.4906 Fax: 412.396.4764
B.S.B.A, M.B.A., Duquesne University
Professional and Community Activities
- Graduate-Leadership Pittsburgh, Class XIV (1997-1998)
- 1997 Southwestern Pennsylvania Accountant Advocate of the Year-U.S. Small Business Administration
- President and Director, Duquesne University School of Business Administration Alumni Association, 1990 to present. Member of Board of Directors, Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh, 2009 to present.
- Treasurer and Director, Pittsburgh Mediation Center, 2002 to 2006. Treasurer, Center for Victims of Violence and Crime (CVVC), 2006 to present.
- Member, Accounting Advisory Council to the Duquesne University School of Business Administration; 1995 to present; Chairperson 2000 - 2002.
- Past President and Director, volunteer business advisor, PowerLink.
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants; Associate Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Member, Corporate Advisory Boards: Anderson Transfer Co., 1996 - 1999; Paragon Solutions, Inc., 1997 - 1998; Corporate Solutions LLC, 2001 to 2003.
- Teacher of the Year Award-2004-Duquesne University and The A.J. Palumbo School of Business Administration.
Articles in Journals
Williams, V. & Kollar, R. (2017). Strategies for Passing the CPA Exam and Filling the Pipeline. CPA Journal.
Kollar, R. (in press, 2015). American Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Encyclopedia of Business Ethics/Society.
Kollar, R., Williams, V., Nagle, B., Rau, S., Yurko, A., Kannan, Y.H., Menk, B., & Morris, B. (2015). How one accounting department is preparing students for the updated CPA exam. Extra Credit, The Newsletter for Accounting Educators.
Kollar, R., Pike, J., & Spangler, W. (2015). PICPA's Challenge Bolsters Classroom Learning. Pennsylvania CPA Journal.
Kollar, R. (in press, 2015). Certified Public Accountant. Encyclopedia of Business Ethics/Society.
Kollar, R. J. & Williams, V. T. (2013). What are the Risks? Self-Assessment Tool Can Help Small Businesses Evaluate Fraud Controls. Journal of Accountancy, 40 - 43.
Kollar, R. & Williams, V. (2013). Red, Blue and Ripped Off. Internal Auditor.
Kollar, R. J. & Williams, V. (2009). Incorporating a Simulated 404 Learning Experience into the Auditing Class. Journal of Forensic Studies in Accounting and Business.
Articles in Proceedings
Pike, J., Spangler, W., Williams, V., & Kollar, R. (2016). The Use of Cross-Functional Student Teams in Business Application Development. EDSIGCon (Conference on Information Systems and Computing Education).
Kollar, R. (2016). Increasing the Value of Your Business. Duquesne University Small Business Development Center--Exit Planning for Your Business Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Kollar, R. (2016, October). Leading With Financial Stewardship: Power of Leadership. Duquesne University Human Resources Department Power of Leadership Program, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Kollar, R. & Williams, V. (2016, June). Health Care and Non-Profit Fraud--Commen Schemes and How do You Prevent Them? Georgia Southern University Fraud and Forensic Accounting Conference, Jekyll Island, Georgia.
Kollar, R. J. & Williams, V. (2013, May). Mandatory Auditor Rotation. Annual Fraud and Forensic Accounting Education Conference, Savannah, Georgia.
Kollar, R. (2012, October). CFO Panel: Challenges Facing the Accounting Profession. Duquesne University 1st Annual Accounting CPE Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Kollar, R. & Williams, V. (2012, August). Improving Fraud Awareness in the Classroom. American Accounting Association, Washington, D.C., District of Columbia.
Kollar, R. & Williams, V. (2012, May). Small Business Fraud Awareness. Annual Fraud and Forensic Accounting Education Conference, Savannah, Georgia.
Kollar, R.J. & Williams, V. (2010). Factors That Could Impact Fraudulent Financial Statement Preparation. Georgia Southern University Fraud Conference, Atlanta, Georgia.