The ESL M.S.Ed. Program prepares students to work in ESL and other language teaching-related professional fields.
The ESL M.S.Ed. program:
- Consists of a competitive 30 credit-hour graduate-level curriculum
- Offers a sequence of 7 core ESL courses with 3 elective courses in other areas such as instructional technology, reading and language arts, special education, or research methods
- Provides ESL practicum opportunities in adult and K-12 settings
- Prepares international and domestic students to teach English as a foreign language (EFL) abroad
- Features mostly evening classes starting at 6:00
- May be completed in 3-6 semesters depending on individual plans of study
- Admits students on a rolling basis in Spring, Summer, and Fall Semesters
Graduates from our programs have gone into multiple fields including:
- ESL teaching in K-12 public and private schools in the U.S.
- EFL teaching in K-12 schools overseas
- ESL teaching in language centers or university ESL classrooms both locally and internationally
- PhD programs in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, Linguistics, Education, and other related fields
- Administration, curriculum development, research, and advocacy in educational organizations
**Students who wish to pursue the Pennsylvania ESL Specialist Certificate or the TESOL Certificate can complete the M.S.Ed. by taking an additional 4-5 courses!
Full-time students may qualify for a 25% tuition scholarship. They may also apply for a Graduate Assistantship position.