Graduate Practicum (Internship) Program
The Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies' Internship Office walks a humanities education into the marketplace. We are dedicated to providing high quality internship opportunities for our graduate students to help them make the transition from learning communication in the classroom to practicing communication in the marketplace. The internship at the undergraduate level is mirrored by the practicum at the M.A. level.
The Internship office provides assistance with resume and interviewing skills and offers a variety of communication practicum opportunities with companies such as Alcoa, Bayer Corporation, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC, Sargent Electric Company, Ketchum Communications, MARC/USA and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Recent placements have been at organizations such as:
- Alzheimer's Association
- Duquesne University Office of Alumni Relations
- Level Interactive, Inc.
- Puppet Foundry
- Velocity Robotics
- Yeshiva Schools
- Corporate Communication
- Event Planning
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Human Resources
- Media Relations
- Non-profit Communication
- Political Communication
- Public Affairs
- Public Relations
- Must have completed at least one full-time semester at Duquesne University
- Must be in good standing as a student in the Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies
- Weekly Time Reports
- Project Approval Form
- Mid-term Executive Proposal
- Mid-term Performance Appraisal
- Final Comprehensive Project
- Final Performance Appraisal
- Contact Information
Please email Sarah Flinko, Director of Recruitment/Internship Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit College Hall 340 for more information or to schedule an appointment.