HCE 646 - Healthcare Ethics Rotations
Focus: Introduction to the Clinical Environment and Ethics Committees.
Level of Supervision: Close Supervision.
Understanding. Learn clinical vocabulary and concepts.
- Learn secular vocabulary and concepts to engage the clinical environment.
- Learn the Catholic approach in the Ethical and Religious Directives.
- Observe the clinical environment and related organizational, clinical, and professional issues that typically are addressed by ethics committees.
Reflection. The Clinical Environment and Ethics Committees.
- Critical reflection on the clinical environment and its related ethical issues as typically addressed by ethics committees.
- Critical reflection on the professional etiquette and ethos evidenced in the clinical environment.
- Critical reflection via journals, readings, seminars, and a capstone essay.