Sigma Iota Rho
Duquesne University's chapter of Sigma Iota Rho, Epsilon Chi (EX), was started in January 2014 by an IR junior in collaboration with the director of the Center for International Relations. The purpose of Sigma Iota Rho is to promote and reward scholarship and service among students and practitioners of international studies, international affairs, and global studies and to foster integrity and creative performance in the conduct of world affairs.
Undergraduate members are the driving force behind the success of the chapter. It is their energy and commitment combined with the experience of the faculty advisor that help fulfill the mission of Sigma Iota Rho. In order to qualify for undergraduate membership, students must meet the following criteria:
• Completed course work in international studies including courses in relevant subject areas of anthropology, economics, foreign languages, geography, history, political science, and other related disciplines;
• Attained a junior standing and completed at least twenty-one (21) hours of course work toward the International Relations major or minor, including at least two courses at the 300 or 400 levels;
• Attained a cumulative grade point average of 3.3 or higher in all courses, and a grade point average of at least 3.4 in international relations courses;
• Must maintain full-time student status of at least twelve (12) hours to be a voting member or hold an office;
• Eligible students in the international relations program who meet the criteria listed above will receive an invitation to join the Ep
silon Chi chapter;
• Induction Package: Certificate Attesting Membership, copy of the latest issue of the nationally distributed Journal of International Relations, and Graduation Regalia (Honor Cord and Pin; stole is sold separately);
• Opportunity to get your work published in the Journal of International Relations;
• Eligibility to apply for SIR Funding opportunities;
• Access to professional networks through our Internship Database;
• Networking ability through our Sigma Iota Rho LinkedIn page.
Each student who joins our chapter will be required to contribute a $45.00 fee for member inception. This fee includes the Sigma Iota Rho Certificate upon induction, a SIR lapel pin, graduation regalia (honor cords are included-- stoles inscribed with "SIR" are available for an additional fee), a copy of S.I.R.'s Journal of International Relations, occasional newsletters, and access to professional networks.
Eligible students in the international relations program will be invited to join.
Spring 2019 (TBD)
December 9, 2018 - Alexandra Asman, Alexa Brightman, Carolyn Campbell, Regan McGovern, Gaetano Scalise.
April 8, 2018 - Madison Guseman, Laura Hagan, Kennedy Houck, Bruna Krupek, Sydney McCabe, Emily Meyers, Chloe Mortenson, Leah Shiferaw, Rebecca Tarullo, Abigail Zadrozny.
December 9, 2017 - Arthur Arnett, Kristina Celeste, Gabriella DeStefano, Timothy Foye, Abigail Furlong, Kailey Love, ShiouWeei Ong, Alexandra Parisi, Drew Scoggin.
April 5, 2016 - Joseph Caraway, Andrea Lisky, Patricia O'Neill, Michael Rynearson, Nicholas Valvano.
May 1, 2015 - Miller Jessie, Pujol Christopher, Stockdell Dara, Strnisa Travis, Thompson Megan, Watchek Emily, Wolinsky Sarah.
January 29, 2015 - Hoffman Kristin, Johnston Desiree, Wallace Brandon, Oeler Mitchell.
April 28, 2014 - Marisa Bopp, Catherine Darden, Leonor Gomes, Conor Kane, Molly Kirwan, Stephanie Mullen, Alex Shanahan, Brooke Tenison.