Internships: Get Career Ready!
Earn 1 - 6 Political Science credits.
Gain experience in politics, government, foreign affairs, homeland security, business, law, and much more!
Contact potential employers; learn with on-the-job training.
Build your resume!
In recent semesters, our students have interned at:
Internships available every semester, including summers.
- At least 45 credits of courses completed
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
Basic Requirements for Internship:
- Students work at least 120 hours for the 3-credit course (40 work hours/credit)
- Students keep a daily log of activities (sample here) and email it bi-weekly to the faculty director.
- Students engage with the faculty director at least monthly to discuss issues/reflect on work.
- Students submit a 7-10 page reflection paper (sample here) to faculty director by end of semester.
Grading: Pass/Fail. Worksite supervisor's report counts 50% of final grade.
U.S. Department of State
American Civil Liberties Union
Pittsburgh Department of City Planning
City of Pittsburgh Department of Innovation & Performance
Congressman Mike Doyle
U.S. Senator Bob Casey
State Representative Dom Costa
World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh