What is Cross-Registration Programming (X-Reg)?
Through City Music Center's partnership with Three Rivers Young Peoples Orchestras (TRYPO)*, an independent non-profit youth ensemble program in residence at the Mary Pappert School of Music, students enrolled in the Lessons PLUS cross-registered (X-Reg) program have access to all of the best parts of both CMC and TRYPO.
TRYPO ensemble opportunities include:
- Young Peoples Orchestras [YPO]: advanced full symphonic orchestra - auditions in May/June of each year.
- Symphonette [SYM]: intermediate string orchestra - auditions in May/June of each year.
- Youth Chamber Connection [YC2]: small ensembles such as quartets and quintets at all levels. Placement in September of each year. Learn more.
*Auditions required. Additional fees to TRYPO apply.
New X-Reg option for 2019-20:
As City Music Center partnerships & programs expand to fit the needs of the students we serve, our program pricing structure and cross-registration offerings need to evolve. This year, we are excited to launch a new option for students that want to participate in ensemble opportunities with our community partners while taking advantage of the benefits of a CMC private lesson and classroom options.
- Private Lessons
- Ensemble/Chamber Experience (additional fees to TRYPO apply)
- Concert Performances
- Formal Recitals
Program includes: one-on-one lessons, choice of ensemble, formal recitals, and concert performances
- The cost of private lessons is reduced to the lowest possible rate.
- Classes can be added a la carte for $175 each - $50 savings compared to standard rates.
- Compared to full-curriculum offerings, this X-Reg program saves more than $200 off CMC tuition totals.
Who can cross-register?
Only students that are participating in TRYPO ensembles and/or chamber music may take advantage of this special offer through City Music Center.
How is tuition collected?
City Music Center will no longer collect tuition on behalf of TRYPO. Fees for participating in TRYPO ensembles and chamber music experiences will be invoiced independently and in addition to the CMC tuition for the Lessons PLUS program.
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org or call (412) 396-5064.