Phi Sigma Lambda
Phi Sigma Lambda is a professional fraternity that provides aspiring forensic scientists with a forum from which to share ideas and concerns. An organization that stresses dedication to scholarship and civic duty, Phi Sigma Lambda attracts many of the brightest, most analytical young minds in a setting that fosters intellectual growth and personal development. By becoming a member of Phi Sigma Lambda, you will associate yourself among the best and brightest young students with a collective interest in forensic science.
Phi Sigma Lambda unites students in the Masters of Forensic Science and Law Program, instills the aspiration to achieve high academic standing, encourages each member to become more involved in community affairs, strives to uphold values of honesty and integrity, and creates a lasting bond of friendship and loyalty.
Who can join?
Any Forensic Science and Law student that is at or above the level of a second-semester freshman!
What are the Benefits?
There are many benefits to joining Phi Sigma Lambda:
- Meet new friends in your major.
- Have older student mentors that can give you information about upcoming classes, professors, books and research opportunities.
- Fundraising for the Innocence Project as well as for the American Academy of Forensic Science Conference.
- Fun social events like laser tag, bowling, haunted houses, museums, movie nights and much more.
- Hear from Duquesne Forensic Science and Law Alumni about their jobs and lives after graduation.
- You have the opportunity to participate in a Summer Workshop for high school students, that could influence them to become forensic scientists!
- This professional fraternity looks good on internship and job application.
- Overall, you will gain professional skills and contacts that will be extremely helpful after graduation.
Phi Sigma Lambda Photos
Duquesne University Phi Sigma Lambda
600 Forbes Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15219