#internships - Tips & Rewards: Business School
- 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM
- Rockwell Hall - Lecture Halls
Discover what employers expect from student interns.
Learn from your colleagues as they share their internship experiences.
Join us for one of four sessions of #Internships - Tips & Rewards: Business School!
Pre-registration is required.
Monday, October 22
3-4pm & 4:30-5:30pm
Rockwell Hall, Lecture Hall 3
Tuesday, October 23
3-4 pm & 4:30-5:30pm
Rockwell Hall, Lecture Hall 1
Current students share their experiences about:
- finding internships, through networking and on-line job boards
- learning about companies through job fairs, information sessions, and other opportunities
- interns' duties, responsibilities, and assignments
- interacting with fellow employees, supervisors, and company officials
- the skills they needed or wished they had had;
- and finally, if the internship confirmed or changed their career path
Employers talk about their side of the story:
- the skills and attributes you should possess to be successful in an internship
- what an employer expects from a student intern
- how you should prepare for an internship position
- and words of advice