Duquesne, Chinese University to Sign Agreement on Forensics
Duquesne University and China University of Political Science and Law (CUPL) will formally sign an agreement that will focus on a collaboration between CUPL’s Institute of Evidence Law and Forensic Science and Duquesne’s Institute of Forensic Science and Law.
Through the agreement, Duquesne will assist CUPL in designing its curriculum and provide teaching materials, and both parties will exchange teaching and reference materials. In addition, both universities will send visiting professors and researchers to teach and conduct research. Duquesne and CUPL also will develop joint research grant applications and research projects, and will co-sponsor international conferences.
The following will be present for the signing:
- Dr. Ralph Pearson, provost and vice president of academics, Duquesne University
- Ken Gormley, professor and interim dean, Duquesne School of Law
- Dr. Fred Fochtman, director, The Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law
- Dr. Baosheng Zhang, vice president and director of CUPL’s Institute of Evidence Law and Forensic Science
- Dr. Chu Zhang, director of CUPL’s Center for Intellectual Property
When: Friday, Sept. 4, at 11:30 a.m.
Where: The 5th Floor Boardroom, Administration Building, Duquesne University, 600 Forbes Ave.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 9,500 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.