Scientific, Legal Considerations of Medical Marijuana Debate Addressed at Forensic Friday Session
With three separate bills that propose the legalization of medical marijuana in Pennsylvania currently pending in the state legislature, an interdisciplinary group of experts will present on and discuss the various aspects of the medical marijuana debate at the next Forensic Fridays session at Duquesne University.
Should Pennsylvania Be Next? Scientific and Legal Considerations in the Medical Marijuana Debate will be hosted by the Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law on Friday, Sept. 11, from 1 to 4:30 p.m. in the Africa Room of the Duquesne Union.
Presenters at the session include:
- Sgt. Terry Donnelly of the Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Traffic Unit
- Dr. Fred Fochtman, professor of pharmacology at Duquesne University
- Max Little, traffic safety resource prosecutor for the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association
- Dr. Barry Logan, chief of forensic toxicology for NMS Labs
- Patrick Nightingale, a criminal defense attorney and executive director of the Pittsburgh chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML)
- Thomas Perko, president of the Pennsylvania Medical Cannabis Society
- Dr. Cyril Wecht, forensic pathologist.
This Forensic Friday session is approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Board for three hours of substantive CLE credit. In addition to being held onsite, this session is being offered online via live stream and will be available on-demand for professional registrants.
For more information, including cost, visit www.duq.edu/forensics, email email@example.com or call 412.396.1330.
Founded in 1878, Duquesne is consistently ranked among the nation's top Catholic universities for its award-winning faculty and tradition of academic excellence. Duquesne, a campus of nearly 9,500 graduate and undergraduate students, has been nationally recognized for its academic programs, community service and commitment to sustainability. Follow Duquesne University on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.