Duquesne University’s Student Employment Program strives to serve students by providing career development opportunities that align with their interests and fields of study.
Jobs may be available both on campus and in the community
Duties and schedule can vary widely depending on the job
While they work for Duquesne University, our student employees gain more than extra income – they gain valuable work experience that supplements an outstanding academic education!
Apply for an Academic Year Work-Study Position
Step 1 - Apply for Academic Year Work-Study with Financial Aid
- You must apply for work-study every Academic Year.
- Per Financial Aid Terms and Conditions: Federal Work-Study is a need-based program for eligible full-time students. Award amount shown is an estimate of potential earnings and is contingent upon available jobs and actual hours worked. The offer of Federal Work-Study eligibility is not a guarantee of employment or earnings. Earnings are paid directly to the student (not to the student's University account) and cannot be deducted from billings. The Office of Human Resources is responsible for actual placement in available positions.
- You will receive an e-mail to your DU e-mail account confirming that your work-study award has been processed.
Step 2 - Submit an Online Student Employment Application
- Students who have been cleared for Work Study and submit an application by July 17th will be registered for a pre-scheduled interview.
- Select "Academic Year" for "Period Applied For"
- If you receive a confirmation screen and a confirmation message to your DU e-mail account, we have received your application.
Step 3 - Interview Process
To arrange an interview for an open position, contact the student employment Recruiting Specialist in one of the following ways:
- In person - 1st Floor Koren Building during Walk-In Hours
- By phone at 412-396-5104
- By email at email@example.com
Hired for a Job?
You Must Complete Tax and Employment Forms in HR Before You Can Start!
HR Office will have extended hours for new hire tax forms Mon - Thurs weeks of August 20th and 27th. More information is available at https://www.duq.edu/work-at-du/human-resources-home.
Come to the HR Office and Bring with you:
- Original ID/employment authorization documents. Acceptable documents are listed at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/acceptable-documents.
- Bank account information to sign up for direct deposit