Nurse Recruiter - School of Nursing
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: School of Nursing
Position Status: Full-time
Position Number: 10-428
Open Date: June 13, 2018
FLSA Status: Exempt
Notes: Accepting resumes
Send Resume To: http://apply.interfolio.com/51471
NATURE OF WORK:
This position is responsible for the recruitment and management of the application process for students applying to the Bachelor of Science program within the School of Nursing (4-year BSN, BSN transfers, Biomedical Engineering/BSN, Veterans to BSN) and the Ph.D. in Nursing programs. This individual will report directly to the Director of Admissions.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Meets with prospective students and their families throughout the recruitment and enrollment process to promote the SON programs, Duquesne University, and the nursing profession.
- Primary contact for University Office of Admissions. Primary host for prospective student meetings, student interviews, and information sessions. Delivers presentations to audiences of various sizes about nursing as a profession, as well as provides information about the SON and Duquesne University.
- Coordinates with Administrative Assistant for management of recruitment inventory and materials.
- Possesses a keen understanding of admission requirements to both the University and the SON.
- Evaluates applicants' credentials for admission to the BSN program, and adeptly interprets and analyzes the unique characteristics of each applicant.
- Communicates effectively with prospective students regarding application status throughout the admissions cycle.
- Assists in coordinating special events such as open houses, Preview Day, information sessions, school and hospital fairs.
- Creates a welcoming environment and ensures a positive experience for prospective students and their families.
- Responsible for post-event follow-up with interested students.
- Assists in the admission decision process in consultation with the Director of Admissions and appropriate faculty.
- Collaborates with Office of Recruitment and Enrollment Management personnel to ensure programs and services are delivered appropriately.
- Collaborates with various University and School of Nursing departments (such as the Office of Student Affairs) to provide a smooth transition for students entering the Bachelor of Science program.
- Works closely with the Director of Admissions to create, implement, and evaluate effective and efficient communication plans through Slate in order to achieve enrollment goals.
- Proposes recommendations to the SON's Marketing team for creating and revising communications/recruitment materials based on field observations.
- Maintains a positive, open communication when working with both internal and external constituencies of the University and the SON.
- Works with the Director of Admissions to create effective communication plans through SLATE, which will assist in meeting enrollment goals of the BSN program.
- Point of contact for Ph.D. inquiries, emails, phone calls
- Answers student questions/issues
- Collaborates with Chair, faculty, and Recruitment team members
- Assists applicants with the application process, and follows-up with accepted students, and as needed for deposited students
- Attends Ph.D. Committee meetings; attends conferences as needed
- Conducts open office hours
- Collaborates with Graduate Programs Administrative Assistant with the interview process
- Maintains Ph.D. databases and workflow charts
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
Work requires a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited institution and 3-5 years of experience in academic recruitment/admission or any equivalent combination of experience and training, which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the essential job functions. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Available to travel and work some weekends and evenings;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong time management skills;
- Proficient in the use of various computer programs such as Microsoft Office, Banner, Slate, electronic filing systems, shared drives;
- Working knowledge of university resources such as financial aid, disability services, enrollment management, and veteran services;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple details;
- Exceptional intuitive and interpersonal skills, and the ability to relate to students, faculty and other professionals;
- Able to analyze relative information, and make independent decisions while working with minimal direction and guidance.
Catholic in its mission and ecumenical in spirit, Duquesne University values equality of opportunity as an educational institution and as an employer. We aspire to attract and sustain a diverse faculty that reflects contemporary society, serves our academic goals and enriches our campus community. We particularly encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups and support dual-career couples through our charter membership in this region's HERC (http://www.hercjobs.org/oh-western-pa-wv/).
We invite applicants for this position to learn more about our university and its Spiritan heritage by visiting http://www.duq.edu/about/mission-and-identity/mission-statement. Those invited to campus for an interview may be asked about ways in which they see their talents contributing to the continued growth of our community and furthering its mission.
Duquesne University uses Interfolio to collect all faculty and staff job applications electronically. The successful candidate will submit a cover letter describing your experience and interest, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references, to http://apply.interfolio.com/51471. Priority will be given to applications submitted by June 29, 2018.
Duquesne University was founded in 1878 by its sponsoring religious community, the Congregation of the Holy Spirit. Duquesne University is Catholic in mission and ecumenical in spirit. Motivated by its Catholic identity, Duquesne values equality of opportunity both as an educational institution and as an employer.