Facts and Rankings
As testament to our mission-driven commitment to academic excellence, Duquesne has earned numerous accolades for our programs and initiatives. Our most recent honors include:
U.S. News and World Report
- A top-tier university among the 1,600 American institutions considered for 2013.
- The only university in Pennsylvania listed among the 20 most financially efficient top-ranked schools. Duquesne was on the short list of private schools included.
- Among the nation's top 100 popular schools. For the third time, Duquesne is described as having a "top reputation and students are highly motivated to go there."
- Offering high academic quality at a good price, Duquesne appears as number 44 on the 2013 Great Schools at Great Prices list.
- In 2012 high school guidance counselors nationwide selected Duquesne as one of the top 125 undergraduate schools in the country.
- One of the nation's top 200 business programs
- Voted one of America's Best Graduate Schools 2011.
- Included as No. 125 in the Best Online Bachelor's Programs list.
- No. 7 in the Best Online Nursing Programs graduate school category for the School of Nursing.
- Among The Best 377 Colleges for 2013, which profiles only 15 percent of American four-year colleges. Duquesne's best rating is as a member of the Fire Safety Honor Roll, receiving the highest possible score (99) in fire safety, a measurement of how well prepared a college is to prevent or respond to fires in campus residence halls.
- One of the Best in the Northeast, Duquesne was one of only 220 institutions chosen for 2012.
- For the sixth year, listed among The Best 294 Business Schools for the Donahue Graduate School of Business.
- Named for the second year in Guide to 311 Green Colleges as one of America's most environmentally responsible schools
For the third consecutive year, the A.J. Palumbo School of Business Administration has been named one of the nation's top 100 undergraduate business schools.
Washington Monthly magazine
Achievements of Note
- The School of Nursing has been named among the Top 50 Most Social Media Friendly Nursing Schools of 2012 by Nursing-School.com.
- Duquesne's Supply Chain Management Program was listed as one of the Top 25 programs in the nation by Camcode.
- Duquesne University School of Law's Legal Research and Writing Program was ranked among the top 10 in the nation by US News & World Report.
- The Duquesne graduate program in nursing is nationally ranked by US News & World Report.
- Our School of Leadership and Professional Advancement was recognized as one of the top military-friendly colleges and universities by G.I. Jobs for 2011, Military Advanced Education for 2010-2011, and by Allmilitary.com in 2009.
- No. 16 among small research universities, according to a Chronicle of Higher Education index measuring faculty productivity among more than 7,300 U.S. doctoral Colleges.
- Inclusion in the inaugural Super Lawyers U.S. Law School Rankings for 2010.
- For the third consecutive time, the Donahue Graduate School of Business was included in Beyond Grey Pinstripes survey of the Aspen Institute for integrating social and environmental issues into its MBA program. Ranked now as No. 25, the school has a specific MBA Sustainability program.
- First university in the nation to offer an online Ph.D. in nursing (1997) and first in Pennsylvania to grant a BSN degree (1937).
- Winner of the inaugural Page Prize for the best U.S. submission of an Environmental Sustainability Curriculum.
- School of Education named as one of only nine University Council for Educational Administration centers in the world. This UCEA Center for Educational Leadership and Social Justice focuses on how educational leaders can better be prepared to deal with marginalized, under-represented and underprivileged students.
- School of Nursing named by the National League for Nursing as a Center of Excellence.
- Duquesne's Master of Science in Forensic Science and Law program is one of 13 forensic programs nationwide to be accredited at the graduate level.
- Recognition for community involvement by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Attaining the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for 2006 through 2012, with the additional honor of being named to the Honor Roll of Distinction for 2010 2011 and 2012.
- One of three universities in Pennsylvania with a public safety department accredited by the Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association.
- First academic institution in state to earn EPA Energy Star Award.
- Four consecutive Individual Conference Champion titles from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for buying more green power than any other Atlantic 10 Conference school.
- Duquesne's men's cross country, men's outdoor track and lacrosse programs, and women's lacrosse, basketball, rowing and outdoor track all scored among the top 10 percent nationally by the NCAA Division 1 Academic Progress Rate (APR) report