Facts and Rankings
As a testament to our mission-driven commitment to academic excellence, Duquesne has earned numerous accolades for our programs and initiatives. Our most recent honors include:
U.S. News and World Report
- Duquesne University rose five spots in the rankings of top schools for 2015, reaching No. 116.
- Duquesne climbed two places in the Great Schools, Great Prices list for 2015 to No. 43 of the schools nationwide providing students with the best value.
- Duquesne rose 12 spots this year to a tie at No. 115 in a poll of high school guidance counselors.
- The University was named No. 28 among the nation's top schools for veterans.
- Duquesne's undergraduate business program rose 10 places from last year, to No. 184.
- As an A-Plus School for B Students, Duquesne is considered among the schools "where spirit and hard work could make all the difference to admissions."
- Duquesne's online nursing graduate program ranked No. 3 for veterans.
- Duquesne has jumped five spots to No. 36 overall for best online bachelor's degree programs for veterans.
- The Duquesne University School of Law jumped 23 spots to 121 among top-tier law schools in the 2015 Best Graduate School Rankings.
- Duquesne Law School's Legal and Research Writing program ranked 12 in the nation, and the part-time program ranked 48 for 2015.
- School of Nursing offers the number 6 ranked online program according to the Best Online Nursing Programs - Graduate School category.
- The Donahue Graduate School of Business was recognized as one of the top part-time MBA programs in the country for 2015 at 125.
- The School of Education's five Ph.D./Ed.D. programs rose to 126 among the 356 doctoral-degree granting institutions surveyed for 2015.
- The only university in Pennsylvania listed among the 20 most financially efficient top-ranked schools. Duquesne was on the short list of private schools included.
- Among the nation's top 100 popular schools. For the third time, Duquesne is described as having a "top reputation and students are highly motivated to go there."
- The Duquesne University School of Law was ranked among one of the best in the nation for 2014.
- Included as No. 125 in the Best Online Bachelor's Programs list.
- No. 7 in the Best Online Nursing Programs graduate school category for the School of Nursing.
- Duquesne has been selected as one of the country's 379 outstanding institutions, as well as one of 255 outstanding colleges and universities in the Northeast.
- Among The Best 378 Colleges for 2014, which profiles only 15 percent of America's 2,500 four-year colleges and four colleges outside the U.S.
- Duquesne earned the highest possible fire safety rating and a spot on the 2014 Fire Safety Aid Honor Roll.
- One of the Best in the Northeast, Duquesne was one of only 220 institutions chosen for 2012.
- For the sixth year, listed among The Best 294 Business Schools for the Donahue Graduate School of Business.
- Named for the second year in Guide to 311 Green Colleges as one of America's most environmentally responsible schools.
- Duquesne was called "cosmopolitan yet caring" and uniting "the diversity and opportunities of an urban university with the community and comfort of a small liberal arts college."
- The A.J. Palumbo School of Business Administration has received an "A" grade on its teaching and reflects a favorable 24:8 faculty-student ratio, earning it the 108 spot on the list of top undergraduate business schools.
Washington Monthly magazine
- One of the magazine's "best bang for the buck" universities, based on the economic value students receive per dollar.
- Recognized Duquesne again as a nationally ranked university in 2013 that provides social mobility to low-income students and exemplary community service participation.
Achievements of Note
- The School of Nursing's Master of Science in Nursing program has been listed at No. 5 among the Top 30 online MSN in nursing degrees ranked by student-faculty ratio.
- Duquesne is the only institution in Pennsylvania included on Net Impact's international list of Top 50 Schools for Social Impact.
- Duquesne's MBA Sustainability program is the only program in Pennsylvania included in the nation's top 10 for environmental sustainability according to Net Impact.
- Duquesne has been ranked No. 6 on the Best Value Private Law Schools list according to The National Jurist, which publishes the rankings "to identify and recognize law schools that help students pass the bar exam and land jobs without burdening them with huge debt."
- The National Jurist named Duquesne to the Best Value Law Schools of 2014; Duquesne University is one of seven private law schools considered to be a best value overall.
- Duquesne has been designated as a top school in educating STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) talent by STEM Jobs.
- The Sales Education Foundation has named A.J. Palumbo School of Business has been named among the 2014 Top Universities for Professional Sales Education.
- Duquesne was ranked No. 25 by current and recent graduate students for the 2013 Top Pharmacy Programs, published by Graduate Programs.
- For the seventh consecutive year, Duquesne beat its Atlantic 10 conference rivals in green power usage to be named the 2013-2014 Individual Conference Champion by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for its College & University Green Power Challenge. The University utilized more than 18 million kilowatt-hours (kWh) of green power, representing 38 percent of the school's annual electricity usage.
- Duquesne University's Mary Pappert School of Music has been listed among the Top 58 in the United States and is profiled in the new edition of Creative Colleges: A Guide for Student Actors, Artists, Dancers, Musicians and Writers.
- Duquesne was named one of the country's best values in private colleges by Kiplinger's Personal Finance. On the annual list of only 100 private universities and 100 liberal arts colleges, Duquesne is ranked No. 84.
- The Mylan School of Pharmacy has been ranked No. 55 by Pharmacy Technician Review (PTR) in its inaugural Top 75 Pharmacy Schools in the U.S. list. In addition, Duquesne ranked No. 10 in the organization's Top 20 Pharmacy Schools on the East Coast and No. 10 in its Top 25 Private Pharmacy Schools in the U.S. lists.
- Corporate Knights, a quarterly international publication focused on social, economic and ecological benefits and costs, has ranked Duquesne's MBA Sustainability program in the Donahue Graduate School of Business No. 1 in the U.S. and No. 8 worldwide. Among small schools, Duquesne's program is No. 2 internationally.
- Duquesne has been named as a 2014 Military Friendly School by Victory Media, joining just 15 percent of post-secondary educational institutions nationwide to earn this designation.
- AffordableCollegesOnline.org has named Duquesne one of Pennsylvania's most affordable colleges, and one of 81 institutions in the state whose degrees provide the most value over the graduate's lifetime.
- Duquesne University has been named among the nation's best Catholic Colleges by BestColleges.com. BestColleges included Duquesne among fewer than 50 Catholic schools of the 262 in the U.S. in its list.
- The School of Nursing jumps 14 spots to be ranked in top 20 of the Top 50 Most Social Media Friendly Nursing Schools of 2014 by Nursing-School.com.
- Duquesne's Supply Chain Management Program was listed as one of the Top 25 programs in the nation by Camcode.
- Duquesne University School of Law's Legal Research and Writing Program was ranked among the top 10 in the nation by US News & World Report.
- The Duquesne graduate program in nursing is nationally ranked by US News & World Report.
- Our School of Leadership and Professional Advancement was recognized as one of the top military-friendly colleges by Military Advanced Education for 2010-2011 and by Allmilitary.com in 2009.
- No. 16 among small research universities, according to an index in The Chronicle of Education measuring faculty productivity among more than 7,300 U.S. doctoral programs.
- Inclusion in the inaugural Super Lawyers U.S. Law School Rankings for 2010.
- For the third consecutive time, the Donahue Graduate School of Business was included in Beyond Grey Pinstripes survey of the Aspen Institute for integrating social and environmental issues into its MBA program. Ranked now as No. 25, the school has a specific MBA Sustainability program.
- First university in the nation to offer an online Ph.D. in nursing (1997) and first in Pennsylvania to grant a BSN degree (1937).
- Winner of the inaugural Page Prize for the best U.S. submission of an Environmental Sustainability Curriculum.
- School of Education named as one of only nine University Council for Educational Administration centers in the world. This UCEA Center for Educational Leadership and Social Justice focuses on how educational leaders can better be prepared to deal with marginalized, under-represented and underprivileged students.
- School of Nursing named by the National League for Nursing as a Center of Excellence.
- Duquesne's Master of Science in Forensic Science and Law program is one of 13 forensic programs nationwide to be accredited at the graduate level.
- Recognition for community involvement by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.
- Attaining the President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for seven consecutive years, with the additional honor of being named to the Honor Roll of Distinction for 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- One of three universities in Pennsylvania with a public safety department accredited by the Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association.
- First academic institution in state to earn EPA Energy Star Award.
- Four consecutive Individual Conference Champion titles from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for buying more green power than any other Atlantic 10 Conference school.
- Duquesne's men's cross country, men's outdoor track and lacrosse programs, and women's lacrosse, basketball, rowing and outdoor track all scored among the top 10 percent nationally by the NCAA Division 1 Academic Progress Rate (APR) report