Mark FrischAssociate Professor
McAnulty College and Graduate School of Liberal Arts
Department of Modern Languages
Fisher Hall 205A
Education:Ph.D., Comparative Literature, The University of Michigan, 1985
M.A., English and Comparative Literature, Purdue University, 1977
B.A., Humanities, University of Minnesota, 1972
"Borges, La historia oficial and Postmodern-Postcolonial Historical Discourse," AATSP (American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese) Conference, San José, Costa Rica, July 2008.
"Postmodern/Postcolonial Historical Discourse: Borges and Usigli's El gesticulador." IV Congreso Transatlántico, Brown University, Providence, RI, April 2008.
You Might Be Able to Get There From Here: Reconsidering Borges and the Postmodern. Madison: Fairleigh Dickinson UP, 2004.
- Trends in Latin-American Literature
- Garcia Marquez in Film and Literature
- Latin-American Short Fiction
- New Voices, Questions, Realities
- Perspectives on the Holocaust
- Modernism and the Postmodern Turn
- U.S. and Latin-American Literature
- Spanish 101, 102, 201 and 202