Program Costs & Merit Aid
Merit Financial Awards
All candidates for admission to the MBA Sustainability program are considered for program-specific and externally funded awards based on the strength of the application as presented by academic record, standardized scores, school and workplace accomplishments, recommendations and personal essays. Merit awards are communicated with the acceptance packet.
- All candidates are eligible for merit scholarships.
- In addition, all candidates are eligible for one fellowship or research assistantship:
- Sustainability Fellowships (up to 10 per academic year) are awarded to work on research and publication projects with faculty;
- $20,000 Eugene P. Beard Sustainability Fellowships (2 per academic year; U.S. Citizens) are awarded to work on groundbreaking research related to the ethical management of financial, social, environmental and informational resources;
- $10,000 Alcoa Foundation Fellowship (1 per year) is funded by Alcoa for a student to do cutting-edge research on a sustainability topic;
- Small Business Development Fellowships are available to support Duquesne’s efforts to advance sustainability practices with small and start-up businesses in the region;
- Coverdell Peace Corps Fellowships are offered to returned Peace Corps Volunteers to work on a self-designed local initiative that serves the Peace Corps’ “third goal”;
- Graduate Assistantships (a few per academic year) provide partial tuition remission in exchange for service to the university on specialized assignments.
Duquesne’s Office of Financial Aid provides support for securing student loans, and the Office of Career Services serves as a resources for finding part-time jobs with regional employers and the university.
|EDUCATIONAL STUDENT BUDGET|
|Academic Year 2015-2016||Tuition and Fees|
|Total Tuition + Fees for 12-month program:||$52,824|
|*NOTE: Does not include airfare, meals and incidental costs for mandatory study trip and any optional trips.|
GLOBAL STUDY TRIP ESTIMATES
|Airfare, meals and incidentals||$1500-$2500|
|Pre-MBA On-Line Modules (all students)||No charge|
ESTIMATED 12-MONTH LIVING COSTS:
|Housing and Food||$10,000|
|* All full time students must have adequate medical insurance coverage. Students who do not provide the University with verifiable proof of coverage will be automatically invoiced for a student health insurance plan.|