The Instructional Technology Program resides in the Department of Instruction and Leadership in Education and includes a IT Specialist Certificate Program, a Masters of Science in Education and the Doctoral Program in Instructional Technology. Most of the courses are offered in an on-line format.
The Masters of Science in Education in Instructional Technology provides participants with the necessary knowledge and hands-on experience to effectively integrate technology into their classroom and instruction. The Pennsylvania Instructional Technology Specialists Certification is awarded upon completion of the program.
Instructional Technology prepares you to:
- Teach with technology in classrooms
- Teach online
- Support instructional technology as a technology coach
- Work with faculty in higher education to blend technology and teaching
- Teach in higher education after earning a doctoral degree
- Support faculty and administrators as a member of a center for technology services
- Become a corporate trainer